Intern candidates must be available to interview in Austin the week of March 25th.
YETI's 10-week program will begin June 3rd.
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you'll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you'll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are built for the wild.
In this role, you'll gain a realistic job preview into the world of Accounting at YETI and will have the opportunity to build relationships with key internal clients across the organization. You'll work side by side with the accounting team and have visibility to all functions of accounting. Specific projects and tasks will relate to inventory accounting (i.e. inventory valuation, inventory cut-off), product warranty, revenue recognition, and/or intangible assets. Additionally, the role will provide you exposure to month-end close processes (journal entries, account reconciliations, variance analysis) and quarterly external reporting processes.
We will help you achieve your full potential by providing you with training, development opportunities, and feedback.
* Understand and learn existing processes and controls for assigned projects
* Develop relationships with key individuals that influence area(s) of focus
* Perform data analysis to identify business trends and use data to validate reasonableness of existing assumptions used in accounting processes
* Review supplier and/or customer contracts to confirm key terms of arrangements
* Work cross functionally to support and corroborate conclusions
* Provide recommendations to business and accounting regarding changes that can be made to improve business performance and accuracy of accounting processes
* Help implement agreed-upon changes to processes
Qualifications & Attributes:
* Must be a full-time student completing their 3rd year at an accredited university
* Working towards a 4-year degree in accounting
* High attention to detail
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
* Working knowledge of Microsoft applications (intermediate level of Excel)
Want your application to stick out? Include a cover letter outlining why you're interested in this Internship.
* Students not located currently in Austin, Texas will be responsible for covering all expenses associated with relocation to Austin. (ie. travel, lodging, transportation, food, etc)
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Associated topics: bond, commodities, derivatives, financial, fund, invest, securities broker, security, stock, trader