Summer Intern - Waterworks Construction
Employment Type: Full-Time
Webber Summer Internship Program - Waterworks Construction - Field Engineering
The Intern will provide on-hand support to various roles within Webber. It is a dynamic position designed as a 10-week program, focusing in each of the following areas: Safety, Survey/Estimating, Project Supervision and Field Engineering. Webber offers internships in our Heavy Civil, Commercial, Waterworks and Materials divisions.
- Gain understanding of Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) ad Hazard Safety Observations (HSO)
- Know and apply necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PEE) for jobsite activities
- Observe and prevent safety incidents
- Conduct jobsite audits
- Learn how to interpret plans and set layouts
- Understand how to survey for quantities
- Gain knowledge in conversions and accurate surveying practice
- Assess man-hours time and materials needed for production
- Communicate and delegate work plans to field crews
- Draft and implement jobsite planning
- Understand the proper procedures to complete different aspects of a project
- Interpret plans and calculate actual quantities needed
- Understand contractual implications
- Identify jobsite tools, the safety implications of various tools, and appropriate usage of tools
- Currently enrolled in a Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering,Construction Science/Management, or related 4-year degree program
- Ability to communicate in English via verbal and written communications
- Moderate to high level of computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Full understanding of Construction Math concepts
- Ability to perform moderate to high level of physical activity in field-based construction environment
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Webber, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam Era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Webber, LLC complies with applicable local, state and federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at each location the Company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...