Position Type: Internship
Session: Summer 2019 (June 5 - August 9, 2019)
Location: Irving, TX
SiriusXM interns don't make coffee. They're on-air, on projects and making valuable contributions to SiriusXM. Join our internship program and learn about the radio world and get hands-on experience in your field of study.
The Connected Vehicle Services division of SiriusXM builds and delivers software-based services on our connected car platform. The software we develop not only adds convenience to the daily life of our subscribers, but safety and security as well; when the worst happens, our software helps to save lives.
As a SiriusXM CV intern you will work on projects creating software and systems that will enhance the SiriusXM CV business. SiriusXM is looking for an intern to assist in the development of a Connected Vehicle analytics and insight dashboard leveraging the latest AWS big data and machine learning technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with product and engineering leadership teams to define the scope and key requirements for the project.
- Work with a team of interns as an Agile Scrum team to incrementally deliver the functionality for this project.
- Regularly demonstrate the completion of key functionality and promote that functionality to production.
- Evaluate technology offerings in AWS and commercial and open source products to establish the technical foundation for this project by conducting proof-of-concept activities.
- Understand the data sources available from the Connected Vehicle and backend systems that can be leveraged to provide insights into customer behaviors.
- Develop ingestion, analytics and administration capabilities to manage the data lake.
- Develop machine learning algorithms to provide actionable insights into data received.
- Develop interactive user interfaces to present data.
- Work at multiple layers of the stack and with multiple technologies to develop the project.
- Proactively create unit and integration tests to validate the quality of the system.
- Troubleshoot issues and support operation in production.
- Pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or related technical discipline with an IT focus.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be enrolled as a student in a college, university or trade school. Students who have completed at least two years of college are preferred.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Natural curiosity and flexibility in problem solving.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Ability to generate insights from information.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent communication and customer interfacing skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Ability to work independently multi-tasking in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook).
- Experience working with source code control systems (eg: git, github, bitbucket), wiki based collaboration systems and defect tracking systems.
- Course work in full stack development and data analysis.
- Programming ability in Java, C/C++, Python, Go or other modern programming languages is a must.
- Experience developing web based user interfaces desired.
- Experience developing applications in AWS is desired
- Contributions to open source project or hack-a-thons is desired.
Please note that all SiriusXM internships are paid.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.