This internship will focus in the areas of Operations in one of our Texas offices (Dallas, Austin, Houston) This is a more physical role that includes exposure as a helper, workforce planning, union exposure, dispatch and measuring productivity.
- Superintendents, Project Manager, Contracts Manager
- Shop Manager/Dispatch, Mechanics, Technicians, Laborers, Equipment Operators, Administrative Staff
Specific Role Responsibilities:
- Daily Assistance with logistical phases of project functions
- Track: Labor/Equipment/Productivity/ and production time and analysis
- Interface with Contractors, Superintendents and Project Managers as needed
- Change order execution and tracking
- Project Billing
- Material cost Tracking and Processing
- Some travel to remote job sites as needed.
- Plan Take Offs, specification interpretation
- Assist with coordinating crews and timelines
- Daily reporting of project progress
- Represent company/project in meetings with client, subcontractors, unions, etc., as required
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction
- Internship completion with Capstone Presentation to local Leadership
- Daily to various job sites
- Industry Knowledge
- Minimum of 2 years in CIM (Concrete Industry Management )
- Related construction experience.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing plus motivate work force important.
- Excellent interpersonal skills essential.
- Lift & move 45lbs or more
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude
- Willing to work in weather conditions that may be adverse (hot/cold/rain)
- Computer/Office Machines - Microsoft Work, Excel, Outlook
- English - proficient in business writing and verbal communication
- Valid driver's license and acceptable motor vehicle record required when duties require use of motor vehicle
- Ability to pass pre-employment and random screening for illegal substances
- High Level Math Skills
Penhall Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Penhall Company encourages qualified females, minorities, veterans, disabled persons to apply.