NRG is the leading integrated power company in the U.S., built on the strength of our diverse competitive electric generation portfolio and leading retail electricity platform. A Fortune 500 company, NRG creates value through best-in-class operations, reliable and efficient electric generation, and a retail platform serving residential and commercial businesses. Working with electricity customers large and small, we implement sustainable solutions for producing and managing energy, developing smarter energy choices and delivering exceptional service as our retail electricity providers serve almost three million residential and commercial customers throughout the country.
More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG Energy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
The Retail Intern Program is part of NRG's Texas retail energy organization. This organization is responsible for NRG's retail sales, marketing, operations, and branding efforts. The Intern Program recruits highly motivated and mobile-minded college students to join NRG Energy during the summer of 2019. Participants will explore career options and develop technical and professional decision-making skills while fulfilling specific business needs working with NRG leaders. Participants will also have the opportunity to assess their capabilities, skills and interests, as well as experience NRG's culture and values.
* Participate in key functional areas or core operational/business groups on a variety of strategic initiatives and projects.
* Contribute to objectives that may range across project management, competitive intelligence, business strategy, process improvement, issue resolution, product development, and/or sales analytics.
* Provide support on requested efforts, organizing tasks, communicating clearly, and proactively outlining next steps.
Intern Placement could be in one of the following departments:
* Business Development
* Continuous Improvement
* Product Innovation
* Open office environment.
* Must be enrolled in an undergraduate at an accredited university or college.
* Must be classified as a Jr or Sr by May 2019.
* On track to achieving Bachelor's degree.
* Degree must be in one of the following concentrations: Business, Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain, Energy or Math
* Must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Demonstrated academic achievement
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Personal computer proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software (e.g., Microsoft PowerPoint).
* Outstanding work ethic
* Leadership potential
* Ability to work on multiple projects
* Entrepreneurial spirit
* Problem-solving skills
* Authorization to work in the US without restrictions or future sponsorship
* Professional open office environment with the majority of work performed on a personal computer in a seated position.
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources Associated topics: assist, intern, internship, learn, student, train
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.