Full Time Sales Representative Intern - Austin, TX
5006 Emma Browning Ave
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
Mondelez International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000 colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
As a part of Sales, you'll put our customers at the heart of our business. By building strong relationships with every customer, big or small, you'll help Mondel?z International become the supplier of choice and ensure we deliver world-class execution of our business plans in every store.
An internship within Mondel?z International Sales & Customer Logistics organization is generally a 10-12 week assignment. The assignment, which closely mirrors experiences of a Nabisco Sales Representative, will provide a realistic preview of the Sales Representative's responsibilities and is geared towards developing knowledge of the Mondel?z International Field Sales & Customer Logistics organization. Individuals are exposed to sales (selling and merchandising), logistics, account teams, and human resources while growing the necessary skills to work independently and also function successfully as part of a team. Each intern is assigned a supervisor who designates projects, answers questions and provides guidance. Throughout the summer, the intern will be assessed on overall performance, including project management, and personal leadership skills.
* Develop a knowledge of Mondelez products, sales systems and procedures including proper merchandising, sources of product and distribution, space management programs and uses, sales campaigns and promotions, sales brochures and order guides, and sales presentations
* Positively influence the sale of Mondelez products by exploiting selling opportunities at the store level consistent with company programs and strategies
* Maintain a timely and accurate call schedule.
* Secure store-level support on special promotions, seasonal items, special product bookings and new items.
* Meet or exceed all shelving standards and ensure inventory needs are met.
* Develop strong business relationships with store management.
* Monitor and report on competitive activity and document all pricing activities.
* Provide order writing support on territories for Sales Representatives absent due to vacation or other reasons.
* Provide specific feedback to Mondelez personnel while covering a Sales Representatives territory.
* Professionally represent the Mondelez organization, acting in accordance with company business standards and managing financial activities in an ethical manner.
* Present a project on customer or industry topics to senior management at end of summer.
* Identify and communicate individual store problems and opportunities to the appropriate Mondelez personnel.
Mondel?z International is an employer of inclusion who partners with diversity groups which cater to people of all ethnicities, genders, ages and sexual orientations. Mondel?z International also works with military veterans to help hire our heroes who have served our nation, as well as partner with disability networks to include people of all abilities to help the company succeed for years to come.
Benefits and Compensation:
This position is a paid internship, but does not offer a benefit package, bonus incentives, or company provided vehicles/housing.
* Learning on the Fly - Adaptable to new environments, quick learner, open to change
* Intellectual Horsepower Deals with concepts and complexity comfortably, intellectually sharp, capable and agile
* Interpersonal Savvy Relates well to all kinds of people, builds appropriate rapport and effective relationships
* Peer Relationships Team player, cooperative, easily gains trust and support of peers, encourages collaboration
* Problem Solving Looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers, can see hidden problems, excellent at honest analysis
* Perseverance - Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; Seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
* Action Oriented - Enjoys working hard; Is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; Seizes more opportunities than others
* Personal Learning - Picks up on the need to change personal, interpersonal, and managerial behavior quickly; Watches others for their reactions to his/her attempts to influence and perform, and adjusts; Seeks feedback
* You must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid driver's license, proof of auto insurance, and have access to the internet with a personal email account
* Must be currently enrolled in a post-secondary degree program
* A flexible work schedule is required, including being available to work weekends and holidays.
* Previous grocery, retail, sales, and/or customer service experience a plus
* Must be open to performing Merchandiser responsibilities, as needed
* Successful completion of drug test, MVR check, and general background check.
* Must be willing to relocate yourself for this position, if not a local applicant
Mondel?z Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-###-#### for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position. Associated topics: business, dealer, disney, inbound, inside sales, insurance agent, outbound, sales, sales representative, vacation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.