Operator Technician II
Employment Type: Full-Time
ASPIRE TO POWER YOUR FUTURE
At Calpine, we give you the tools you need to chart your own career path in an engaging,fast-paced environment where you can learn from power industry leaders.
Whether you are a student seeking an internship that offers real-world experience,a recent graduate ready to build a rewarding career or a seasoned professional who wants to expand your horizons, Calpine provides meaningful opportunities and challenges.
Our learning and development platforms and educational reimbursement programs enable employees with initiative to explore their own potential in a dynamic and rewarding industry.
Requisition Number 19-0447 Title Operator Technician II City Deer Park State TX Job Family Power Operations Employee Type Regular Subject to DOT Regulations No Percent of Travel Required 0 Relocation Provided No Location Deer Park Energy Ctr Description JOB DESCRIPTION:
Responsible for start, stop and monitoring of equipment including reading gauges and meters and recording activities in operating logs and records. Uses computers and monitoring equipment to measure, record and make adjustments within operating parameters. Performs a variety of plant maintenance tasks including diagnosis, maintenance and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment in a safe, efficient and economical manner. Performs overhaul maintenance and system improvement tasks. Performs chemical analysis and chemical control on steam, cooling and condensate systems, and maintains chemistry logs. Incumbents assist in the development of standard operational procedures and provide input to plant betterment items to improve plant efficiency, reliability and safety. Ensures compliance with all local, State and Federal regulations and plant procedures. Regularly required to maintain plan security, operate heavy equipment such as manlifts and forklifts, and handle and transfer bulk chemicals.
• Journey-level; specialized technical knowledge with function.
• Performs a variety of technical service/support duties that are semi-routine in nature.
• Routine and non-routine decisions with some latitude, but still subject to approval.
• With limited guidance, prioritizes and executes responsibilities effectively for a single trade, group of related tasks or functional area.
• Work periodically reviewed by others; work reflects solid performance of duties.
• Errors have small and possibly incremental impact on department or facility, and discovered in succeeding operations where work is verified or checked.
• Completes tasks and resolves problems that require an ability to recognize deviation from accepted practices.
• Resolves most questions and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
• Works under general supervision.
• Prioritizes daily activities to complete tasks/projects assigned by others.
• May assist with orienting and training employees in moderately complex to complex areas.
• High School Diploma, degree from technical/vocational school, military service or equivalent.
• Journey-level; generally 6 years directly related experience including understanding of health and safety regulations, and previous experience working with and around hazardous energy, chemicals and waste materials including knowledge of safe handling, storage, and transport.
• Requires previous experience using test equipment and calibration appliances. Experience with machinery repair and control systems.
• Strong mechanical aptitude and basic understanding of chemistry, physics, electricity and mathematics.
• Basic certifications/licensures. Valid state driver’s license. Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Loading some great jobs for you...