Operator Technician I
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
ASPIRE TO POWER YOUR FUTURE
At Calpine, we give you the tools you need to chart your own career path in an engaging,fast-paced environment where you can learn from power industry leaders.
Whether you are a student seeking an internship that offers real-world experience,a recent graduate ready to build a rewarding career or a seasoned professional who wants to expand your horizons, Calpine provides meaningful opportunities and challenges.
Our learning and development platforms and educational reimbursement programs enable employees with initiative to explore their own potential in a dynamic and rewarding industry.
Requisition Number 20-0065 Title Operator Technician I City Deer Park State TX Job Family Power Operations Employee Type Regular Subject to DOT Regulations No Relocation Provided No Location Deer Park Energy Ctr Description Job Description:
Responsible for the proper operation of the power facility while assigned on shift. Maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs mechanical and electrical equipment. This equipment includes, but is not limited to the Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine, HRSG, Gas Compressor, Air Compressors, Motors, Pumps, and other auxiliary equipment. Strictly adheres to all safety and environmental rules and regulations to protect employees the environment and public safety. Works under the direction of Plant management and supervision.
• Journey-level; specialized technical knowledge with function.
• Actively participates in all Safety programs, supports safety goals, and conforms to all reporting obligations.
• Performs a variety of technical service/support duties that are semi-routine in nature.
• Routine and non-routine decisions with some latitude, but still subject to approval.
• With limited guidance, prioritizes and executes responsibilities effectively for a single trade, group of related tasks or functional area.
• Work periodically reviewed by others; work reflects solid performance of duties.
• Errors have small and possibly incremental impact on department or facility, and discovered in succeeding operations where work is verified or checked.
• Completes tasks and resolves problems that require an ability to recognize deviation from accepted practices.
• Resolves most questions and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
• Works under general supervision.
• Prioritizes daily activities to complete tasks/projects assigned by others.
• May assist with orienting and training employees in moderately complex to complex areas.
• High School Diploma or Associates Degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or four to six years related experience and/or training.
• Requires 2-5 years directly related experience.
• Basic certifications/licensures. Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Loading some great jobs for you...