Engineering Business Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
ASPIRE TO POWER YOUR FUTURE
At Calpine, we give you the tools you need to chart your own career path in an engaging,fast-paced environment where you can learn from power industry leaders.
Whether you are a student seeking an internship that offers real-world experience,a recent graduate ready to build a rewarding career or a seasoned professional who wants to expand your horizons, Calpine provides meaningful opportunities and challenges.
Our learning and development platforms and educational reimbursement programs enable employees with initiative to explore their own potential in a dynamic and rewarding industry.
Requisition Number 20-0103 Title Engineering Business Manager City Pasadena State TX Job Family Power Operations Shift Days Employee Type Regular Subject to DOT Regulations No Percent of Travel Required 0 Relocation Provided No Location Pasadena Fleet Solutions Description Supports Engineering & Construction business initiatives. Responsible for administering cost accounting, accrual accounting, and reviewing financial functions. Coordinates budgeting and forecasting processes. Identifies, analyzes and recommends enhancements to direct management on improving the financial performance of operating projects.
Makes recommendations to direct management for new procedures to ensure compliance with budgetary requirements with financing or Company policy. Obtains appropriate management and lender/lessor approvals for capital and expense items requested by the operating plants. Provide support for cost accounting transition of new acquisition and development projects in association with Business and Project Development Groups. Answers internal questions, manages contract files, identifies and manages critical dates and administers amendments where necessary. Participates in special projects as required.
• Advanced knowledge of accounting/budgeting practices.
• Skilled at using PeopleSoft and Hyperion software platforms.
• Experienced with using Maximo Enterprise Asset Management software.
• Skilled professional with technical experience to research and recommend resolutions for moderate to complex issues.
• Competent to work in various knowledge areas or functions as a skilled contributor.
• Makes recommendations to direct management on complex issues regarding project components and advanced tasks.
• Conducts research for innovations from external sources, and identifies opportunities for new processes, tools, services and techniques within the function.
• Works on moderate level issues and projects.
• Uses skilled judgment based on research and evaluation of variable factors. Provides analysis on methods, techniques and evaluation criteria.
• Recommends methods and procedures for new assignments.
• Serves as project/technical resource on medium to large projects; occasionally facilitates work efforts of professionals, technicians and others outside of own department.
• Trains employees on technical skills.
• Collaborate with other to solve problems, research significant issues and provide initial screening/recommendations.
• Works with Engineering and Construction personnel during monthly budget updates, annual budget development, and 5- and 10-Yr Major Maintenance and CapEx Forecasts.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Accounting or other related field.
• Strong knowledge areas and multiple functions, exposure or minimal experience in project management fundamentals; typically requires 5+ years experience, preferably in the IPP, utility or technical industry. Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...